All four Fenland towns represented by their mayors or deputies at regiment dinner
MARCH branch of the Cambridgeshire Regiment Association (Royal Anglian Regt) held their annual sausage and mash supper on Friday evening at the Conservative Club, March.
It was one of their best attended suppers with 82 members and guests attending.
For the first time mayors/ deputy mayors from all four Fenland towns (March, Wisbech, Chatteris and Whittlesey) attended. Mr Freddie Grounds MBE, the association president, gave a speech thanking all for their efforts with particular reference to Janet Anderson, March branch chairman and Trish Fenn, secretary.
Branch members from Wisbech and Whittlesey and Peterborough supported the evening.
The association supports those ex members who have served both in the Cambridgeshire Regt (TA) and to local detachments of the Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year Mr Grounds was awarded the MBE for voluntary service to the East Anglia Reserve Forces and Cadets Association.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police