All four Fenland towns represented by their mayors or deputies at regiment dinner
MARCH branch of the Cambridgeshire Regiment Association (Royal Anglian Regt) held their annual sausage and mash supper on Friday evening at the Conservative Club, March.
It was one of their best attended suppers with 82 members and guests attending.
For the first time mayors/ deputy mayors from all four Fenland towns (March, Wisbech, Chatteris and Whittlesey) attended. Mr Freddie Grounds MBE, the association president, gave a speech thanking all for their efforts with particular reference to Janet Anderson, March branch chairman and Trish Fenn, secretary.
Branch members from Wisbech and Whittlesey and Peterborough supported the evening.
The association supports those ex members who have served both in the Cambridgeshire Regt (TA) and to local detachments of the Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year Mr Grounds was awarded the MBE for voluntary service to the East Anglia Reserve Forces and Cadets Association.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met