All hail the Whittlesey ale
A WHITTLESEY pub has won acclaim for quality of its real ale by members of the town’s Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) branch.
The George Hotel in Market Place has now been listed in CAMRA’s recently published Good Beer Guide 2013.
Local branch members chose the Wetherspoon pub following “regular visits” to check on the quality of the real ales on offer.
The pub’s manager, Andy Hewson, said: “I am delighted that The George Hotel has been recognised for the quality of its real ales by CAMRA members.
“We offer our customers an excellent range of real ales at all times, including those from regional brewers and microbrewers, as well as hosting our own beer festivals.
You may also want to watch:
The pub offers real ale from local suppliers Oldershaw Brewery, Oakham Ales, Milestone Brewery and Elgoods Brewery.
The pub is running the Oldershaw Beer Festival until Sunday September 23.
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
A CAMRA spokesperson said: “The George Hotel deserves its place in the Good Beer Guide 2013.
“If a licensee serves an excellent pint of real ale, then everything else in the pub, including customer service, quality of food and atmosphere, are likely to be of an equally high standard.”
Mr Hewson added: “Staff at the pub work hard to ensure that the real ales on offer are kept in first-class condition at all times and the pub’s inclusion in the guide highlights this.”