All I want for Christmas is a phone box ..............
CHRISTMAS presents come in all shapes and sizes, but few are as impressive as the parcel found at the side of the road in Prickwillow.
The Ouse Life Drawing Group has wrapped up the Prickwillow Phone Box art gallery as a gigantic parcel, and have named it: “All I want for Christmas is a phone box…”
Wrapping objects in the name of Art is not a new concept: Christo and Jeanne-Claude were wrapping monuments, walkways and even coastlines back in the 1960’s.
Caroline Forward from the group says: “It’s a brilliant way of making us look differently at the familiar. It draws our attention to the object’s shape whilst creating an intriguing mystery about what the wrapping might contain.
“Ouse Life have created a truly unique Christmas present. The hand printed wrapping is adorned with seasonal motifs in celebration of the spirit of Christmas: A distinctive and charming way to decorate Main Street in Prickwillow. “
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or www.ouselife.co.uk
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour