All the fun of the fayre at Littleport
- Credit: Archant
The sun smiled on a fun day in Littleport which had a heap of family entertainment to attract around 1,000 people to the successful event.
The day had something for everybody ranging from owls and llamas to a classic car show, music and a fly past by a Hurricane.
Clare Pendle, one of the committee members, said: “The day has been running for about 20 years but on this scale about five years, it was a really successful day, lots of people, great weather and lots of happy faces.”
There was Mick George skip challenge, beer festival, the Raptor Foundation, a fun fair, the 363 Motorcycle group and the Big Hearted Charity Bikers/
Also were craft stalls, a dog show, football tournament and a main arena with a host of events.
You may also want to watch:
In addition there was face painting, stalls, tombola, car boot stalls and refreshments.
Claire said: “It is hard work but very rewarding, We have a week off then the planning starts for next year’s event.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Volunteers are always needed to help set up on the day - if you can help call in to see Clare at Littleport Leisure Centre.