All the world’s a stage at Wisbech - new drama school opens
- Credit: Archant
Budding actors and singers are invited to a free taster day at a new theatre school in Wisbech.
The day is on September 12 where people can turn up and try out some classes and find out what is on offer.
Nine Lives Theatre Company opens at The Institute in Hill Street with a taster day which opens at 9am with the first class starting at 10am. The day ends at 3pm.
Founded by Paul Mayer in 1994 the company was formed for the BTEC National Diploma course at the Isle College, to give students the experience of working as a professional theatre company during their training.
The course successfully ran until 2012, when it was moved to Kings Lynn and replaced with the Aspire Company.
You may also want to watch:
“Throughout it’s time Nine Lives produced a highly successful alumni with students going on to drama schools, universities and to work in the industry,” said Michelle Larkin who is running the school.
“This year sees the revival and new era of Nine Lives.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
The school was placed into the care of Michelle in 2011 having taught on the course alongside Paul Mayer from 2005, she is now bringing back the company with the same ideals and training as it always had.
“We will be running weekend and evening classes delivered by teachers who are trained, have worked, and are currently working in the industry. Our classes will be for all ages, children and adults, as well as sensory musical sessions for infants and toddlers.”
Classes include acting, singing, dance, film, fitness, piloxing, musical theatre, hip hop, ballet, tap, jazz, one to one tuition, ABRSM exams, drama school audition preparation, music theory and professional performance skills.