All the world’s a stage - volunteers needed for a new performing arts group for teenagers with learning disabilities in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Join a theatrical adventure by becoming a volunteer with a new weekly group for children with learning disabilities.
Troublemakers is a new performing arts group for teenagers with learning disabilities in the Fenland area.
Students will take part in drama, dance and singing – with the aim of building confidence, developing communication skills and improving self-expression.
Troublemakers has been running in Cambridge at Eddie’s Fulbourn site for 12 months and has been hugely successful.
An Eddies spokesman said: “It is hoped to replicate the success in the Fenland area, providing more opportunities for teenagers to have fun and learn new skills.
You may also want to watch:
“Each term experienced tutors and volunteers will guide students on a fun-packed journey through various musical genres, styles and techniques.
“The key elements of a Troublemakers session are creativity and imagination, with staff and volunteers promoting high self-esteem and independence by encouraging students to contribute ideas and take ownership of the group.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Sessions will run during term time on Wednesdays at the Meadowgate School in Wisbech, from 3.15-5.15pm. The group is due to start on Wednesday September 17. To volunteer you do not need any performing arts experience, just a responsible, caring attitude and a willingness to get involved.
Full training will be given and you will be supervised and supported by Troublemakers tutors and the Volunteers Co-ordinator.
If you would like to volunteer please do get in touch with Suzanne Lombardo on 01354 651166 or email email@example.com.