Chocoholic launches Slimming World group after losing two stone
- Credit: Allison Harness
A self-confessed chocaholic from Upwell who lost two stone in 12 weeks is launching her own Slimming World group.
Allison Harness approached her first Slimming World group with apprehension.
She says she hated how she looked and felt and was convinced she would be humiliated for allowing herself to become so out of shape.
“I was greeted with smiles and kind words,” said Allison.
“Everyone there had started like me and were full of encouragement and support.”
You may also want to watch:
Allison realised that by becoming a Slimming World consultant, she could help others lose weight, improve their health and build their self-esteem just as the group did for her.
“I’ve passed my diplomas, my leathers fit now, and I have never had to give up chocolate!” she said.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
Allison’s first group will be on Thursday October 28 at 9am in Outwell village hall.
You can contact Allison on 07826 362418.