Almost 50 babies already entered for 2013 Baby of the Year competition
- Credit: Archant
ALMOST 50 tots have already had their pictures taken for the 2013 Baby of the Year competition in March - and there’s still plenty of time to enter.
A photographer from the Portrait Group set up a studio at Audmoor House, at the front of the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, High Street, March, on Tuesday - and she has been busy all week with many proud parents bringing their children along to have their photos taken.
The studio is open today until 4pm and tomorrow from 10am-4pm. The competition is free to enter and photographs will be available to buy from the Portrait Group.
All the pictures taken will appear in our newspapers in the spring and readers will be able to vote for their favourite in each category. The winner in each group will be awarded a contemporary portrait, courtesy of the Portrait Group.
Almost 140 smiling babies graced the pages of our papers last year, as parents and carers flocked to our special studios to have their children’s photos taken at shoots in March and Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The heart-warming images of smiling toddlers were also a big hit with readers across Fenland, with hundreds of votes flooding in to choose a winner in each age group.
There are again three categories in this year’s competition. They are: 0-18 months, 19-36 months and three to five years.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
If you are unable to get to Audmoor House before tomorrow, don’t panic. The Portrait Group will also set up a studio at the Co-operative Store in the Horsefair Shopping Centre, Wisbech, from Tuesday March 5 until Saturday March 9.