Alphabet Day Nursery, Whittlesey, to celebrate 20 years in business with open day
- Credit: Archant
ALPHABET Day Nursery in Whittlesey is celebrating its 20th anniversary with an open day next month.
The Station Road nursery opens its doors on Saturday February 23 from 1-3pm so people can see the quality of care and education it provides.
Refreshments will also be available - and there will be cake for everyone who attends.
Tina Boon, nursery owner, said: “We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our parents for their support over the last 20 years.
“Most of them have come back to us with second, third and fourth children and some of the children who came here when the nursery first opened have come back with their own children. It’s a great reflection of the quality of care we provide.”
You may also want to watch:
Twenty staff are employed at Alphabet Day Nursery, all of whom are CRB checked and qualified in Paediatric First Aid.
The nursery’s Rabbit Room is home to the babies, aged from 0-18 months. There is a happy, relaxed routine with plenty of activities and equipment carefully selected to suit this age range.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Toddlers aged from 18 months to three years relax, explore, move freely, have fun and develop at their own pace in the Hedgehog Room.
Activities are planned from the children’s interests. The room is well equipped with a good range of exciting and stimulating toys, games and activities.
Children begin their pre-school journey in the Squirrel Room. They follow a play-based curriculum which reflects the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements, allowing them to learn at their own pace individually and with friends.
Tina said: “When we first opened our doors in 1993 we wanted to provide families with the very best in childcare for children aged from three months to seven years.
“This why we created a bespoke nursery with lots of space to play and explore, large air-conditioned rooms filled with natural light, freshly prepared nutritious home-cooked meals, a purpose-built baby unit and a spacious garden and allotment area.”
Alphabet Day Nursery is open Monday to Friday from 7.30am-6pm. For more information, contact the nursery on 01733 350781 or visit www.alphabet-daynursery.co.uk