TWENTY walkers took part in a memory walk to support the local branch of the Alzheimer s Society. The walkers enjoyed a trip down memory lane when branch volunteer Anne Chambers gave a guided tour of the places of historical interest around the village
TWENTY walkers took part in a 'memory walk' to support the local branch of the Alzheimer's Society.
The walkers enjoyed a trip down memory lane when branch volunteer Anne Chambers gave a guided tour of the places of historical interest around the village. Using old photographs and local knowledge she showed the walkers what village life and buildings were like in bygone years.
Branch manager Tina Kierman said: "We were thrilled by the level of support the memory walk achieved and would like to say a big thank you to all of those that took part. We would also like to thank Anne and the ladies from the Doddington WI for their support and help providing refreshments for the weary walkers.
"To date over £600 has been raised but we will not know the total amount until all the sponsorship money has been collected.
You may also want to watch:
"Memory walk helps us to raise much-needed funds for the local branch and gives us a fantastic opportunity to raise awareness of the support and advice the branch can provide to people in the local community.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack