Alzheimer’s Society Fenland to stage event at March Library as part of Dementia Awareness Week
Alzheimer’s Society Fenland is holding an awareness event next Tuesday to encourage people to talk about dementia.
The event at March Library coincides with Dementia Awareness Week, which runs from May 20-26.
From 10am-1pm people can obtain information and talk to professionals and find out what support is available from the charity’s Fenland team.
Tina Kierman, locality manager for Cambridgeshire, said: “We need to tackle the misunderstanding surrounding dementia if we are to ensure people with dementia are treated with the dignity and respect they deserve.
“This event is a great opportunity to spend some time, whether you have five minutes or half an hour, to learn a bit more about dementia.”
You may also want to watch:
There are as many as 800,000 people in the UK with dementia - and more than 1,200 in Fenland.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council