Amelia,6, hopes to boost Children in Need charity with special Wisbech prom
A SIX year old girl will be stepping out in style to host a VIP prom night in aid of Children in Need.
Amelia Garfoot is persuading friends to stump up �10 a head to turn out in tuxedos and prom dresses for the fund raising event at Wisbech Grammar School.
Her mum, Lisa, said she was delighted and amazed when Amelia came home from school to tell the family she was staging the event.
“We are all very proud of her,” said Lisa, who has stepped in to help her daughter by arranging complimentary hire of a disco, balloons and many of the other trappings needed for a successful prom.
“We have tried to do everything for free to ensure as much possible is raised for Children in Need,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from Mrs Garfoot on 01945 580451 or 0787951777.
Amelia, who began in the reception class and is now in her second year proper at the junior school, has persuaded the school to allow her to stage the prom in the Russell Hall.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
“Its going to be a great party,” added Mrs Garfoot, who is also busy rounding up plastic wine glasses for a special apple juice cocktail for the event.