Amelia,6, hopes to boost Children in Need charity with special Wisbech prom
A SIX year old girl will be stepping out in style to host a VIP prom night in aid of Children in Need.
Amelia Garfoot is persuading friends to stump up �10 a head to turn out in tuxedos and prom dresses for the fund raising event at Wisbech Grammar School.
Her mum, Lisa, said she was delighted and amazed when Amelia came home from school to tell the family she was staging the event.
“We are all very proud of her,” said Lisa, who has stepped in to help her daughter by arranging complimentary hire of a disco, balloons and many of the other trappings needed for a successful prom.
“We have tried to do everything for free to ensure as much possible is raised for Children in Need,” she added.
Tickets are available from Mrs Garfoot on 01945 580451 or 0787951777.
Amelia, who began in the reception class and is now in her second year proper at the junior school, has persuaded the school to allow her to stage the prom in the Russell Hall.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
“Its going to be a great party,” added Mrs Garfoot, who is also busy rounding up plastic wine glasses for a special apple juice cocktail for the event.