Eastrea woman treated by paramedics after breathing in ammonia due to fridge leak

PUBLISHED: 09:55 18 October 2018 | UPDATED: 09:55 18 October 2018

An Eastrea woman was treated by paramedics after breathing in ammonia due to a fridge leak on Thursday October 18. Picture: FENLAND POLICING.

An Eastrea woman was treated by paramedics after breathing in ammonia due to a fridge leak on Thursday October 18. Picture: FENLAND POLICING.

Archant

An Eastrea woman had to be treated by paramedics after breathing in ammonia that leaked from a fridge.

Police officers along with a Cambs Fire and Rescue Service crew and a team of paramedics were called to the incident at just after midnight today (Thursday October 18).

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered a property and discovered an ammonia leak from a fridge which was then removed.

One person was treated at the scene by paramedics due to breathing in ammonia.

Ammonia is a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen with the formula NH3.

The simplest pnictogen hydride, ammonia, is a colourless gas with a characteristic pungent smell.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Cambs Times