An A in Wisbech he did put, Shot himself right in the foot
GOOGLE has about 333,000 ‘hits’ for the word ‘Wisbeach’ and some of these will refer you to places such as Wisbeach Road, Croydon or Little Wisbeach in Lincolnshire.
But as of this week Google will provide a fresh reference to Wisbeach – the town where Sir Graham Bright, a former MP, former aide to John Major, and now police commissioner candidate recently visited.
He was accompanied by luminaries such as Steve Barclay, the MP for NE Cambs, and Fenland Council leader Alan Melton.
There were, of course, Wisbech councillors there but no one from Little Wisbeach or from Croydon either!
Whether Sir Graham will discover which of his campaign committed this misspelling crime remains to be seen.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile his campaign- and that of six others- continues until polling day, next Thursday.
Sir Graham promises on his website that if elected he will “listen to what the people of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough actually want. He will represent the whole of Cambridgeshire – north, south, east and west, city, urban and rural.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
But not Little Wisbeach or Wisbeach Road, Croydon.
The blooper has attracted the mirth of many on twitter.
When I tweeted the error earlier one wag – a retired teacher from Wisbech- thought it “wonderful, wonderful, thrice wonderful. It’s like an Advent Calendar - every day a fresh gift.”