An angel and butterflies depicted in Christmas fund raising cards by children’s charity EACH
- Credit: Archant
An angel flying in harmony with butterflies and a snow-filled scene of joy make up the Christmas cards designed exclusively for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) by one of the region’s top artists.
The charity has launched a range of ten, including two made by Norfolk’s Lucy Loveheart.
Lucy is internationally-renowned and her products, focusing on childhood memories and the world of make-believe, are highly sought after.
She was approached about supporting EACH by the charity’s Norfolk Fundraising Manager Carol Plunkett, who had spotted some of her designs on Mother’s Day last year.
And after a tour of the Quidenham hospice last summer, Lucy was in no doubt that EACH was a cause worth backing.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Even though there were no children there at the time, I felt really, genuinely moved and inspired. It was the atmosphere, the care and the love that seemed to be pouring into it.”
Lucy helped organise the charity’s LoveArt competition earlier this year, which encouraged local artists to submit their work, and has now brought her own talents to the fore.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Carol said: “I know Lucy tried to embody the spirit of EACH in her designs and the results are fantastic. The cards will certainly stand out on any mantelpiece this Christmas.”
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across the region and is a lifeline to so many families at an unimaginably difficult time. Retail income is a very lucrative income stream for the charity.
Other cards on offer showcase nativity scenes, leaping reindeer, festive geese and yuletide decorations.
They range in price from £3.29 to £3.45 and are now available from all of EACH’s 21 shops and its online store at www.each.org.uk/online-store.