Analogue television switch off
THE analogue television system is being switched off for good starting on the March 30 with BBC 2 and then April 13 with the other stations.
How many of us can remember the original TV system when only BBC1 and ITV existed and it was transmitted in black and white as a 405 line picture !
In 1967 BBC2 started in colour on the new 625 line picture service along with BBC1 and ITV also transmitted in colour on the new TV system There are some comparisons that can be drawn between then and now with a new improved TV system being introduced to replace the older one.
However one factor is so different. It is the fact that the original 405 line TV system was never switched off until 1986 (from Sandy Heath) How many people in the 1980s would be watching a 405 line television?
There was no push or rush to switch the old system off as there is now with the analogue!
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner