£3,400 raised for funeral of 'lovely' Angela
- Credit: GOFUNDME
More than £3,400 has been raised to pay for the funeral of a "lovely" Whittlesey woman "who would help anyone".
It comes after a fundraiser was set up on Monday June 7 following the death of Angela Morley, who died at the age of 52.
Colin Martin, who launched the GoFundMe page, said: "Some friends of Angela - or Ang as she was known - have been in touch as she died without a funeral plan or money for a funeral."
Mr Martin originally set a target of £1,700 - to make sure Ang would stay at local funeral directors.
However, £1,000 was raised in under three hours and £2,522 was later raised in less than a day.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will pay for a church service and crematorium service.
"Ang was a lovely person who would help anyone," he added.
- 1 Burst gas main leaves town road split open
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 7 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 8 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
"She also had a lot of friends in Whittlesey and helped in quite a few charity shops in town over the years.
"Angela deserves a proper send-off by the people of Whittlesey."