£3,400 raised for funeral of 'lovely' Angela
- Credit: GOFUNDME
More than £3,400 has been raised to pay for the funeral of a "lovely" Whittlesey woman "who would help anyone".
It comes after a fundraiser was set up on Monday June 7 following the death of Angela Morley, who died at the age of 52.
Colin Martin, who launched the GoFundMe page, said: "Some friends of Angela - or Ang as she was known - have been in touch as she died without a funeral plan or money for a funeral."
Mr Martin originally set a target of £1,700 - to make sure Ang would stay at local funeral directors.
However, £1,000 was raised in under three hours and £2,522 was later raised in less than a day.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will pay for a church service and crematorium service.
"Ang was a lovely person who would help anyone," he added.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 6 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
"She also had a lot of friends in Whittlesey and helped in quite a few charity shops in town over the years.
"Angela deserves a proper send-off by the people of Whittlesey."