£3,400 raised for funeral of 'lovely' Angela
- Credit: GOFUNDME
More than £3,400 has been raised to pay for the funeral of a "lovely" Whittlesey woman "who would help anyone".
It comes after a fundraiser was set up on Monday June 7 following the death of Angela Morley, who died at the age of 52.
Colin Martin, who launched the GoFundMe page, said: "Some friends of Angela - or Ang as she was known - have been in touch as she died without a funeral plan or money for a funeral."
Mr Martin originally set a target of £1,700 - to make sure Ang would stay at local funeral directors.
However, £1,000 was raised in under three hours and £2,522 was later raised in less than a day.
The money raised will pay for a church service and crematorium service.
"Ang was a lovely person who would help anyone," he added.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 5 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 6 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 7 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 8 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 9 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
"She also had a lot of friends in Whittlesey and helped in quite a few charity shops in town over the years.
"Angela deserves a proper send-off by the people of Whittlesey."