Angler robbed at knifepoint in West Norfolk village
- Credit: Archant
AN ANGLER has been robbed of his van and fishing equipment at knifepoint in a West Norfolk village.
The man was fishing at Peters Drove Bridge at Wiggenhall St Germans when two men arrived in a black hatchback car at about 1.50pm yesterday (Thursday).
When asked, the two men agreed to help pack the victim’s equipment into his white Mercedes van.
One of the men then threatened the angler with a knife and demanded the van keys. He handed them over and the two men drove off, one in the van and one in the car.
Just ten minutes later, the van was found burnt out in Fen Road, Magdalen.
You may also want to watch:
The men were slim and about 5ft 7in tall and police say they spoke little English.
One of the men had short brown hair and stubble and was wearing a green jacket with an orange hood.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Officers want to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen either vehicle or anyone with information about the robbery.
Contact DC Emma Cross at King’s Lynn CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.