Angles Theatre to host Wisbech Players as they present The Deep Blue Sea
WISBECH Players will present The Deep Blue Sea at the Angles Theatre, Wisbech from Tuesday October 18 until Saturday 22.
This is the centenary year of the playwright Terence Rattigan. Numerous revivals of his plays have been staged in London and theatres around the country to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Sir Terence’s birth. Wisbech is on the map.
The only previous Rattigan offering from the Players was Separate Tables in 1986. This production of one of the author’s most successful plays, has a cast of eight and is directed by Gordon Ringrose.
The action takes place in 1952 and deals with the complex emotions of the characters in a love triangle – Hester Collyer having left her High Court judge husband to live with an ex RAF hero. There is also splendid back-up from others in the talented cast.
Performances begin at 7.30pm, except for Thursday at 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10 and �9 concessions.
The Angles box office – 01945 474447. On-line bookings – go to www.anglestheatre.co.uk.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told