Anglian Water makes a splash at College of West Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Anglian Water has made waves with College of West Anglia students after holding a number of workshops at the college’s Wisbech campus.
The College of West Anglia has been working with Anglian Water and its four alliances to offer two exciting courses in Wisbech.
The 15 level three engineering students in attendance at the Anglian Water workshops, which ran last week in the classrooms of the technology centre, worked on teambuilding activities during the workshops.
Mark Hedges, digital asset creation team manager at Anglian Water, who lead the workshop explained to students that Anglian Water are all about zero accidents and working together as a team.
He said: “We had a great morning with the students and from the feedback we received. Our key messages about communication and teamwork really seemed to strike a chord with them.
You may also want to watch:
They really opened up and started talking to us, exchanging observations and opinions, which was great to see.”
As well as getting a ‘safety first’ mentality installed in the apprentices, the workshops also served a purpose of introducing new working techniques to the Anglian Water staff of the future.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The apprentices were also given a chance to try out the company’s Oculus Rift, a virtual reality system that immerses the user inside virtual worlds.