Anglian Water running College of West Anglia courses for water engineers but deadline for applications approaching
- Credit: Archant
Time is running out for people to sign up for new courses which will give them the skills to be water engineers of the future.
Anglian Water and their civil engineering partners are sponsoring two two-year BTEC courses at the College of West Anglia in Wisbech. Deadline for applications is Thursday, August 20.
The first course will give students a full grounding in both mechanical and electrical engineering before allowing them to specialise in their second year.
A second course concentrates on construction and will cover various aspects of laying water networks.
If students pass all their modules they will be offered an interview with one of the companies in Anglian Water’s @one Alliance which could lead to an apprenticeship and a career in the utilities industry.
You may also want to watch:
The courses are open to people of any age from school leavers upwards. Full funding is available for 16-18 year-olds and some funding is available for older applicants.
Russell Beale, from Anglian Water, said: “Our plans for investing in the region’s water network mean we need an army of skilled, dedicated and hard working engineers and construction operatives over the next few years.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
“We’ve been working in Fenland for some time now through the Wisbech 20/20 project to help the area realise its full potential, so it was the obvious place for us to launch these new courses.
“This is the perfect opportunity for any young people in Wisbech and further afield who are still looking at their options for the Autumn to make the first steps in a exciting and rewarding career.”
Anyone wanting to apply or a place must do so by Thursday August 20 and interviews will take place on August 24. For more information and full details on applying visit www.cwa.ac.uk/one