Angry villagers want to know how this horse ended up dead in a field and with a hind leg secured by rope?
- Credit: Archant
Residents claim police or the RSPCA “won’t do anything” about a dead horse found dead with a rope attached to a hind leg.
Both were alerted by an Upwell couple who took these photos of the horse discovered in the Pophams Eau area of the village – a watercourse named after Sir John Popham, a former Lord Chief Justice.
The couple who found the horse describe themselves as animal lovers and say they were shocked and saddened by the discovery.
One community leader said:” Cambridgeshire police were contacted and they said it was the responsibility of Norfolk Police. The story has been placed on the Upwell Playing Field Committee Horse and Pony Show Facebook page and obviously true horse lovers are not happy.”
She added: “I have since contacted Norfolk police but they can’t help. I contacted on sympathetic Cambridgeshire officer who advised me to contact environmental health in the morning!
You may also want to watch:
“Having seven horses in my family of various sizes I am disgusted with the people who think they are animal lovers but are obviously not.”
Another resident posted to our website pointing out that it has been there “several days” and near to where she lives.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
“The police and RSPCA have been informed but won’t do anything because they don’t know who it belonged to,” she said.
If you have more details about the incident please email email@example.com
The couple who found the horse have asked for their details to be withheld.