Anniversary celebrations prove Wisbech St Mary couple Mick and Shirley are a pair of diamonds!
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech St Mary couple are today celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary.
Mick and Shirley Knight held a party for family and friends, at the weekend, at Wisbech St Mary Community Centre.
Both were born in Wisbech St Mary and met while working for Val Skeels, a local farmer and dairyman. Their first job was delivering milk around the village.
They married at Wisbech St Mary Methodist Church.
Later on they went to work for Hugh Humphrey, a farmer in Wisbech St Mary, and remained there until Mr Knight retired after 40 years’ service.
You may also want to watch:
They have two sons, Mark and Stephen, who are both married with grown up children, and also live in the village.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover