Annual heritage weekend in Fenland is announced
THIS September, properties across Fenland will throw open their doors for free as part of England’s annual celebration of local architecture, history and culture, taking place on September 9-12.
Supported nationally by English Heritage and run locally by an army of volunteers and community champions, Heritage Open Days takes place on people doorstops and is the country’s leading grassroots cultural event, offering people the chance to visit those historic, cultural and architectural gems not normally open to the public or which usually charge an admission fee.
The March Area Regeneration and Development Trust is co-ordinating the event within March and would like to hear from anyone who owns or manages a building in the town or nearby villages and who would be interested in being part of the Heritage Weekend. If your building has any cultural, historical or architectural interest, they would love to hear from you!
It’s very straight forward to get involved and being part of this national event means that you can take advantage of the support on offer from English Heritage and, locally, from MARDT, including free publicity and insurance.
Please contact MARDT via email to email@example.com, or by telephoning the chairman Marietta Keenoy on 01354 654349 or the Development Officer Jane Levicki on 01354 677869.
You may also want to watch:
More information can be found on MARDT’s website, www.mardt.org.uk, or on the Heritage Open Days’ site, www.heritageopendays.org.uk.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash