Another fantastic Christmas lights switch-on event in March - thanks to everyone who helped make it a success
March Christmas lights are once again shining with some wonderful new pieces including the March Narrowboat and the train named in honour of Gordon Blake, who generously left us a large legacy in his will.
Many thanks to Mick Beer, Dean Elkin, Clinton Elkin and Robert Peachey who spent tireless hours in all weathers putting up the lights and especially Sue Beer for all her hard work in checking and repairing the lights.
Thanks must also go to Middle Level Watermen’s Club members for adding to the spectacle with their lovely brightly decorated boats, and Pete and Carol on Halcyndays for joining in.
Also thanks to March Air Training Corps, March Rotary Club, the Christmas lights committee, John Whitehead for compering the whole evening alongside Duncan Partington, the group ‘In The Mood’ and Hannah Hawkin from Eddie’s, who switched on the lights with the mayor of March, Councillor Kit Owen.
A big thank you to Father Christmas for coming to March on his bright new sleigh, complete with his reindeer, admirably escorted by March Lions Club members.
You may also want to watch:
But most of all thank you all for coming along to see the wonderful March Christmas lights display and switch-on.
CLLR BERNARD KEANE
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Chairman, March Christmas lights