Any descendants of Duff family, of Wisbech, have any memories or information they could share?
I recently wrote regarding the Duff family of Wisbech as I am trying to find out their origins – and I was happy to receive two replies to my appeal.
The earliest record I have is a marriage in 1811 in Wisbech St Peter between a James Duff and a Jane Cooper.
Following these and some correspondence with what could be a family member in Perth, Australia, I am now almost convinced that the family originated in Scotland, possibly as MacDuff.
I was wondering whether widening the search to include other descendants might stir any memories and so I would be interested to hear from anyone who may have information, even a distant memory of something said.
In particular, anyone who is connected to the following surnames, linked via marriage, which are known to go back to the earlier Duffs: Askham, Dixon, Grant, Herring, Leonard, Glitherow (or Clitheroe), Cooper, Cox, Hartley, Green, Bates and Harwin (the latter in March).
You may also want to watch:
My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens