Anyone who lives near a school knows that parents don’t care where they park – most of them are bad drivers too
John Bennett-Collins has never lived close to a school, judging by his letter (January 30).
I used to live very close to a school and it was a nightmare with parking.
Once, I actually watched a woman (who was verging on the obese) load her children into the car at the back of my house.
She drove round the corner to the school, took at least 10 minutes to park the car, unload her children into the playground and drive back home again (no doubt for a whole day of daytime TV with a bag of donuts).
I was so sick of the school run drivers parking across my drive so I could not get my car out.
You may also want to watch:
I waited one morning after witnessing a woman park across my driveway. After she had dropped her child off, she came sauntering down the road and her face dropped when she saw me standing by her car.
She was all apologetic at first and when I told her next time she did it, I would get it towed away, she became very aggressive and abusive and shouted at me that she pays her road tax and will park where she wanted (including a few very offensive words).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Anyone who currently or previously has lived by a school will know these drivers not only park across drives, upon pavements, on pedestrian crossings etc.
The majority of them are just awful drivers too.