Apology after ‘hidden drain’ causes re-opening of Chatteris Post Office to be delayed
- Credit: Archant
The discovery of a ‘hidden drain’ during refurbishment works has halted the re-opening of the Chatteris Post Office.
The branch on High Street was due to re-open today (Friday June 10), but a statement from the Post Office has said that ‘unforeseen building issues’ has forced the re-opening to be moved to next week.
The Post Office claimed that a ‘hidden drain,’ which ‘was not known about’ was discovered during work to extend the Post Office, which resulted in additional work.
A spokesman said: “The new-look branch was due to re-open at lunchtime today, however, there have been unforeseen building issues which will unfortunately delay the re-opening.
“It is now estimated that the branch will re-open next week. The exact date is not known at this stage.”
You may also want to watch:
Satish Karia, postmaster at Chatteris Post Office, said: “I apologise to my customers for any inconvenience caused during the refurbishment, which is taking longer than anticipated due to extra building work required. I am looking forward to serving my customers again in my totally refurbished branch. Customers will notice a vast improvement.”
Customers are being asked to use alternative branches, such as Doddington and March, until it is re-opened.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache