Appeal following Peterborough hit and run
- Credit: Archant
A hit and run driver of a motorcross type bike which struck a seven-year-old boy is being hunted by police.
The victim was walking home along Redmile Walk at about 3.10pm yesterday afternoon (June 16) when a motocross type bike, being ridden on the footpath, struck him before making off towards Eye Road.
The boy suffered slight injuries and the ambulance service was called as a precaution but he was not taken to hospital.
The motorcyclist was described as wearing a black jumper and white shorts.
PC Chris Boother said: “This incident could have quite easily caused a lot more harm and so I would urge anyone who may have seen something to get in contact.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache