Apply for your share of £1 million community fund
ANY group in Fenland wanting a slice of the £1 million made available by a new housing association has until October 26 to submit their bid. Roddons Housing Association has announced that application forms for its £1 million Community Fund are available f
ANY group in Fenland wanting a slice of the £1 million made available by a new housing association has until October 26 to submit their bid.
Roddons Housing Association has announced that application forms for its £1 million Community Fund are available for those who would like to apply for a share of the money.
Pauline Ford, managing director of Roddons, said: "As part of the housing transfer Roddons Housing Association promised to give £1 million to community projects in the district over the next five years.
"Fenland residents were invited to nominate projects that meet one of the five criteria at the various Roadshow events during June and July this year. The £1 million Roddons Community Fund is in addition to the £250,000 Fenland District Council Community Grant funding and will benefit many worthwhile community projects and groups in the area."
You may also want to watch:
The five criteria for successful Roddons Community Fund applications are:
# Improving access to information and services
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
# Embracing equality and diversity
# Family learning and economic well-being
# Building a sustainable environment
# Improving quality of life
Ms Ford, Managing said: "We want the Community Fund to go to projects and schemes that benefit the community in Fenland. Applications are encouraged from voluntary, community or self-help groups.
"Town and Parish councils can apply, as well as schools and health bodies, as long as the funding is not to support a statutory function. We look forward to hearing from interested parties."
Roddons Housing Association is a new social landlord which will own and manage over 3,700 homes in Fenland once the transfer of the housing stock from Fenland District Council takes place in November 2007. It will be a group partner of Circle Anglia.
Community Fund application packs can be obtained from:
Fiona Bebbington, Roddons Implementation Team, tel: 01354 602166 or e-mail Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org or Fenland Council for Voluntary Service - www.fenlandcvs.co.uk