Are you or any of your friends or family in the 130 photos published today from the Thomas Clarkson Academy prom? Why not check to find out
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Clarkson Academy students competed with each other to see who could create the most dramatic entrance to their prom … with jaw-dropping results.
With family and friends watching on, the prom goers, in tuxedos and glamorous dresses, arrived at the Elme Hall Hotel in a variety of modes of transport.
There was an assortment of sports cars on display, alongside classic cars, lorries, a fire engine and a tank.
One group of girls took things a step further, rocking up on a jet-ski.
The year 11 Thomas Clarkson Academy prom has become one of the highlights of the school calendar, providing students with a chance to, for one night, forget about exam results, college courses and future careers.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Gerwyn Williams said: “It was absolutely brilliant. There was a horse and carriage, fire engine, old cars, new cars, bikes and even a tank, which was quite impressive. The hall was decked in black and gold and the students danced the night away.
“The academy is very grateful for the support we get from parents and colleagues, which makes the event such a spectacular finish to the school year.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
“Thanks also to people who use the road up to the hotel for their patience. We know we cause a major problem for an hour but it is all in good fun.”