Aria Court care home in March celebrates World Rocks Against Dementia day - and raises £75
- Credit: Archant
Coffee, cake and live music helped a March care home raise £75 for charity.
Aria Court, on Coronation Close, hosted a coffee morning in honour of World Rocks Against Dementia (WRAD) – a worldwide event celebrated in 16 countries to raise awareness of dementia.
The care home’s event was attended by councillors Kim and Jan French, who will become mayor and deputy mayor later this year.
The day was brought to an end by a musical performance by Patrick Sawyer.
A spokesman said: “A special thanks must go to Sheree Policarpo for the delicious cake she donated.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to all those who attended and we hope we have helped raise further awareness for WRAD.”
For more information on WRAD, visit https://www.purpleangel-global.com/world-rocks-against-dementia.html.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told