Armed police and forensics stop private hire vehicle in ‘planned operation’ on the A47 at Fulbridge Road
- Credit: PA IMAGES / PA WIRE
Police shut off a stretch of the A47 this afternoon when swopping on a private hire vehicle in a “planned police operation”.
Armed police stopped the silver Vauxhall Insignia on the A47 at Fulbridge Road, Peterborough at around 2.20pm today (January 9).
Officers have confirmed that three people have been arrested with an unnamed incident that occurred in the city.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “As part of a planned police operation, officers stopped a vehicle on the A47 at Fulbridge Road.
“Three people have been arrested in connection with an incident, investigations are ongoing and the three men remain in custody.”
You may also want to watch:
Forensic officers were spotted at the scene looking in the private hire vehicle registered to the Huntingdonshire District Council.
More to follow.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens