Armed robbers target Ladbrokes in Whittlesey
ARMED thieves targeted a Ladbrokes betting shop in Fenland last night.
The raiders entered the shop in Whitmore Street, Whittlesey, just after 8pm yesterday.
One of the men threatened a customer in the store with a knife. The other man threatened two female members of staff with what was believed to be a handgun and demanded money.
The two members of staff handed over cash and the men left the shop.
A police spokeswoman said: “Staff were left shaken but were uninjured.”
You may also want to watch:
The raiders were described as black, wearing all-black clothing and scarves across their mouths.
A member of staff who was behind the till at the shop when the raid happened has described gunman was about 6ft tall and of stocky build and man with the knife as “a bit shorter and skinner”.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
Police carried out house-to-house inquiries and formal examination of the scene.
Det Sgt Matt Swash said: “We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen these men entering or leaving the store or anyone who knows who may be responsible.
“This was a terrifying incident for those involved and any information could be vital in bringing the offenders to justice.”
CONTACT: Police on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.