Arrest made after 75-year-old man is assaulted during unprovoked attack in March park
A MAN has been arrested after a 75-year-old dog walker was punched in the face in an unprovoked attack at West End Park in March.
The victim was assaulted at around 2.45pm on Friday, while he was walking his dog through the park. He was taken to Peterborough Community Hospital for treatment.
A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm. He has been bailed until February 17.
Detective Constable Dave Marsh, investigating, said: “This was an unprovoked attack on an elderly man out walking his dog.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call DC Marsh on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s