Arrest made after 75-year-old man is assaulted during unprovoked attack in March park
A MAN has been arrested after a 75-year-old dog walker was punched in the face in an unprovoked attack at West End Park in March.
The victim was assaulted at around 2.45pm on Friday, while he was walking his dog through the park. He was taken to Peterborough Community Hospital for treatment.
A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm. He has been bailed until February 17.
Detective Constable Dave Marsh, investigating, said: “This was an unprovoked attack on an elderly man out walking his dog.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call DC Marsh on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden