Arrest made in connection with case of murdered Ian Grant
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of the 1995 murder of Ian Grant.
The 49-year-old was arrested in Cambridge this morning (Monday).
Police said the man has not previously been arrested in connection with the investigation.
Ian Grant’s body was discovered on wasteland near Fulbourn Hospital close to his Cherry Hinton home shortly after midnight on November 15, 1995. It is thought he had been killed between 8pm and 10pm earlier that evening.
His girlfriend’s car had also been set alight outside their flat in Speedwell Close two weeks prior to his murder. Detectives still believe that incident is linked to the killing.
You may also want to watch:
Two men were acquitted of conspiracy to murder following a trial at Norwich Crown Court.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home