Arrests made after rocks are thrown at cars on the A142
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers from Sutton have been arrested after chunks of brick and rock were thrown at cars on the A142.
A 19-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage while an 18-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage with intent to endanger life.
The arrests came following an incident on Sunday when a car travelling on the A142 near Sutton was damaged after being struck by a rock thrown deliberately from the roadside.
The car was being driven along Mepal Road at about 10.15pm on Sunday when a rock thrown from the roadside smashed into its side, causing damage to the passenger door.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said that, following the incident on Sunday, further reports of chunks of brick and rock being thrown onto the road had been received and an investigation was launched.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that witnesses had come forward and two people were quickly identified and arrested.
The spokesman added: “We are visiting local schools and educating the pupils as to the consequences of such actions. We have increased patrols in the area particularly targeting the times that offences have occurred.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire