Arrests made following spate of cash machine ram raids
FOUR people were arrested in connection with a string of cash machine ram raids after a series of dawn raids by police on Thursday.
More than 70 officers, some with dogs, carried out warrants in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Spalding in Lincolnshire.
Three men, aged 59, 44 and 28, were arrested along with a 28-year-old woman.
All four are being held at Huntingdon Police Station on suspicion of conspiracy to steal. The woman and the 28-year-old man are also being held on suspicion of money laundering. Searches are continuing at several locations.
The arrests are part of Operation Felix – an investigation into 20 cash thefts and attempted thefts across the East, and including in Long Sutton and Wisbech, during 2012.
You may also want to watch:
They include 16 reported in Cambridgeshire, three in Lincolnshire and one in Hertfordshire.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town