Arsenal shirt set to go great guns in a charity raffle for March soccer school
- Credit: Archant
Grab a chance to get your hands on a Dennis Bergkamp Arsenal shirt with a raffle to raise funds for March Soccer School who lost their kit when arsonists torched their games shed.
Men of March regular Stuart Toman has donated the 2004 Gunners shirt to the pub who are raffling it off for young footballers.
With a certificate of authenticity the shirt is signed and framed and is the perfect homage to the Dutch striker who played for Arsenal between 1995 and 2006.
Mr Toman said: “We are massive football fans. Dad died just under two years ago suddenly and my mum is ill with cancer, we all moved up here between 10 and 15 years ago. I’ve been active in the community with Help for Heros and EACH so when I heard about our local football school I mentioned to mum about the signed framed shirt we had and said its from the Arsenal invincible season and how giving something to our local community in a time of need would be good.
“She agreed that my dad would have been proud to give it towards local kids and development of local talent, so it was a no-brainer for me to approach Keith and Jo at the local pub the Men of March to raise funds for the soccer school.
You may also want to watch:
“Rough guess on its worth is between £650 and £1000 but due to the season it was signed in, it could be worth a lot more.”
Pub manager Keith Foose said: “Tickets have only been on sale a couple of days and already it has raised £100. We hope it brings in plenty of funds for the local youngsters to get back on track with equipment.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Tickets cost £3 each or two for £5 and the draw will be made on Easter Monday.
Bergkamp made 315 appearances during his time at Arsenal and scored 87 goals. He played 79 times for his country, scoring 37 goals.
While at Arsenal, the club won the Premier League three times and FA Cup four times.