Arsonist sets car alight at new-build Damson Drive estate in March
- Credit: Archant
A car was set alight by arsonists at the new-build Damson Drive estate in March on Saturday night, firefighters have revealed.
Crews from March were dispatched to the scene on Saturday, March 30 at around 10.50pm to find the car was already “well alight”.
They tackled the deliberate blaze for more than an hour before returning to the March Fire Station just before midnight.
A spokesman for the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 10.51pm on Saturday, one crew from March was called to a fire on Damson Drive in March.
“We arrived to find a car well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus we extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to our station by 11.55pm. The cause of the fire was deliberate.”
You may also want to watch:
Damson Drive is within the March and Chatteris policing team policing neighbourhood, under the Cambridgeshire Constabulary force area.
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off