Firefighters battle deliberate car blaze for more than an hour on quiet Cambridgeshire B road
- Credit: Twitter/@cambsfrs
Fire crews were left tackling a large fire over the weekend after arsonists set a car alight in Thorney.
Firefighters were at the scene for more than an hour on Sunday, October 20 - battling the blaze on Bukehorn Road, near the A47.
Dramatic pictures released on social media show the high flames coming from the car left at the side of the closed-off road.
One crew from Dogsthorpe Fire Station arrived to find the car "well alight" at around 10.45pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "At 10.45pm on Sunday (20) one crew from Dogsthorpe was called to a fire on Bukehorn Road in Thorney.
You may also want to watch:
"Firefighters arrived to find a car well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 11.50pm.
"The cause of the fire was deliberate.
"Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111."
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital