Arsonists torch van in Whittlesey leaving fire crews to tackle the deliberate blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called out to another deliberate blaze in the Fens over the weekend after a van was torched by arsonists.
The attackers set the vehicle alight on Ramsey Road at around 5pm on Sunday, November 24 in Whittlesey.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "At 5.22pm on Sunday (24) one crew from Stanground was called to a fire on Ramsey Road in Whittlesey.
"Firefighters arrived to find a van well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 6.50pm.
"The cause of the fire was deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111."
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer