Arsonists strike at industrial unit on outskirts of March by driving car into building and torching it
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists struck at an industrial unit on the outskirts of March over the festive break when they drove a car into a building and then torched it.
Cambridgeshire Police are appealing for information after the car was set alight inside the unit in Coleseed road.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at about 12.55am on December 30 to a fire in Coleseed Road, March.
“A Ford Focus had been driven into a building and set light to.
“The fire is being treated as arson and anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference CF0750201217.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crew attended at 12.38am and fought the fire for around two hours.
Two crews from March, one crew from Chatteris and a water carrier from Ramsey attended the incident.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Firefighters say they arrived to find a large wooden building well alight.
Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets and returned to their stations by 3.35am.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “The cause of the fire was deliberate.”