Arsonists set fire to derelict building in Gaul Road, March
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a derelict building in Gaul Road, March last night.
Two crews from March and one from Chatteris were called to the blaze at around 8.42pm.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Smoke was issuing from the windows of a detached derelict building, measuring 20m by 20m.
“Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and a jet to extinguish the fire.
“They returned to their stations by 10.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was deliberate.”
In a separate fire also in March last night, one crew was called to a car blaze in Station Road.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
The crew, from Whittlesey, used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 11.45pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental, by electrical.