Arsonists sought after bungalow in Fenland village is deliberately set alight
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a bungalow in Wisbech St Mary at the weekend.
Two fire crews from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to tackle the blaze in Sandbank, Wisbech St Mary.
Firefighters arrived in the early hours of Saturday to find a single storey bungalow, measuring 10m by 15m, on fire.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used four hose reels and two jets to extinguish the fire.
A spokesman said: “There was heavy smoke logging in the building and positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear the smoke.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews returned to their stations by 2.50am.
“The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.”
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.