Arsonists torch derelict buildings in March
ARSONISTS torched two derelict buildings in March yesterday.
One crew from March and one crew from Chatteris were called to a fire in a derelict workshop in Gas Road at 2.25pm.
Firefighters arrived and extinguished the fire using one hose reel and returned to their station by 3.10pm.
A crew from both March and Chatteris were then called to another fire in Queens Street at 4.30pm.
The blaze affecting a disused highways depot was extinguished using small gear to cut away at sections. Crews returned to their stations by 5.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of both fires are believed to be deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police on 0345 456 4564, or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire