Arsonists torch empty house in March
ARSONISTS torched an empty house in March on Saturday.
Two crews from March and one from Chatteris were called to the fire at an unoccupied home in Cherryholt Avenue at 11.10pm.
Firefighters arrived and discovered smoke coming from the property before forcing entry into the home. They discovered a fire in the conservatory which they extinguished using one hose reel.
The rest of the house was heavily smoke damaged and crews returned to their stations by 12.50am.
Police are thought to have assisted with fire investigations on Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the police on 0345 456 4564, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government