Art project in March is given a £500 boost
- Credit: Archant
An arts project has been given a donation of £500 to continue its good work supporting people with learning disabilities.
Eddie’s Artworks in High Street, March, plans to use the money for shelving and storage of art materials.
Val Topliss, chairman of the March Committee for Children’s Charities, said: “We have been associated with Eddie’s for a few years now and are pleased to continue that support with a further donation of £500 to help with their invaluable work in the community.”
Deb Matthysz, creative tutor, said: “We are thrilled with this generous donation which we have earmarked for some much needed shelving and storage to make the resources at Artworks more accessible and user friendly.
“This will encourage the members to be more independent in choosing and accessing materials and resources they need for their projects.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddie’s Fenland Artworks is a creative day service which offers adults with learning disabilities the opportunity to express themselves in any creative way they choose while building social and learning skills.
Open from Monday to Wednesday from 10am to 3pm for a free taster session call 01354-655487.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire