Artistic Wisbech teenager becomes second nominee for Kids Are Alright Challenge
ARTISTIC teenager Brandon Mattless, from Wisbech, has become the second nominee in the 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge.
The 15-year-old is the youngest member of the Atelier East team, who promote art across Fenland.
After joining the company for work experience, Brandon has continued to help them with community projects, including an art club at Wisbech Museum and events for older residents.
The teenager is studying for an extra diploma in art alongside his schoolwork and has also been handed a Bronze Arts Award by Atelier East.
Karen Harvey, Artistic Director at the company, said: “He’s really got involved with the community and he really just wants to do art. You say there’s an opportunity and he just takes it.
You may also want to watch:
“To be 15 and to have done all those things already - it’s incredible. I’m so glad that he’s got some recognition.”
As the second nomination for this year’s Kids Are Alright Challenge, Brandon will receive a certificate of commendation. He will also be entered into the grand final of the competition, set to be held in July.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
To nominate a youth group or individual fill in the coupon on the Kids Are Alright section of our website. Alternatively, e-mail email@example.com - put Kids Are Alright in the message line and be sure to include your contact details.