Artistic Wisbech teenager becomes second nominee for Kids Are Alright Challenge
ARTISTIC teenager Brandon Mattless, from Wisbech, has become the second nominee in the 2011 Kids Are Alright Challenge.
The 15-year-old is the youngest member of the Atelier East team, who promote art across Fenland.
After joining the company for work experience, Brandon has continued to help them with community projects, including an art club at Wisbech Museum and events for older residents.
The teenager is studying for an extra diploma in art alongside his schoolwork and has also been handed a Bronze Arts Award by Atelier East.
Karen Harvey, Artistic Director at the company, said: “He’s really got involved with the community and he really just wants to do art. You say there’s an opportunity and he just takes it.
“To be 15 and to have done all those things already - it’s incredible. I’m so glad that he’s got some recognition.”
As the second nomination for this year’s Kids Are Alright Challenge, Brandon will receive a certificate of commendation. He will also be entered into the grand final of the competition, set to be held in July.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
To nominate a youth group or individual fill in the coupon on the Kids Are Alright section of our website. Alternatively, e-mail email@example.com - put Kids Are Alright in the message line and be sure to include your contact details.