Arts, crafts, origami and sculpture all on show at Mercian Arts Explosion
PAINTING workshops, arts and crafts all on show at this year’s Mercian Arts Explosion in March.
Marking the start of the national “Cultural Olympiad” the arts festival promotes culture within the community and artists will show off their skills in origami, pyrography and sculpture.
Organised by Fenland District Council’s market and events manager Mike Chapman, Fenland Arts’ Katherine Nightingale and one half of the FenCraft Fairs partnership artist John Abbott, the town centre event takes place on Sunday.
Mr Abbott will be running free watercolour painting workshops and Fenland Arts resident artists Marian Savill and Fred White will also have demonstrations.
Fenland Visual Arts Collective are holding an art exhibition in the town hall Skoulding Suite before the stalls make way for performing arts displays in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
CONTACT: Anyone who wants to book a space for art, a craft stall or market pitch call John Abbott on 01354 652653.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover